More than 500 die each year from accidental CO poisoning

By Larrie Stone
Posted 1/12/21

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless and poisonous gas that can be deadly to humans in high doses and can cause brain injuries in lower exposures. It is produced by the combustion of carbon, or organic fuels, in a limited oxygen supply, as in the cylinders of an internal combustion engine. The smoke from burning coal or wood and from tobacco also contains this gas.

This item is available in full to subscribers.

Please log in to continue

Log in