Blair police are investigating a rash of thefts from vehicles across the city.
In at least two of the thefts, car windows were broken and items were taken from the vehicles during daytime hours.
“It was really brazen, some of these happening in broad daylight like they are,” Capt. Aaron Barrow said.
Items taken varied, including identity documents, a designer purse and credit cards.
“It depends on what's in the car,” Barrow said.
In most of the cases, vehicles were left unlocked. Police remind residents to lock their vehicles and garages and to not leave items in their vehicles.
Locations of some of the theft reports include:
• 300 block of South 15th Street on Nov. 26
• 100 block of North 22nd Street on Nov. 28
• 600 block of North 11th Street on Dec. 3
• 1200 block of Wilbur Street on Dec. 4
• 200 block of North 16th Street on Dec. 4
• 100 block of South 17th Street on Dec. 4
Barrow said some of the thefts could potentially be connected. All remain under investigation.