Two people were taken to the hospital following a carbon dioxide leak at Taco Bell in Blair on Sunday.

Blair Fire and Blair Police responded to the scene at around 7:30 p.m.

Blair Fire Chief Joe Leonard said a carbon dioxide tank in the building began leaking. He said two people were transported to Memorial Community Hospital and Health System in Blair after becoming ill.

"I contacted city officials, and we went ahead and closed it down for the evening until they could get the proper people in there to check over everything," Leonard said.

Leonard said the building inspector for the City of Blair was in contact with the business Monday morning to ensure the carbon dioxide tank had been inspected.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.